Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:30:26 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Blank screen when trying to start X

Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 11.0 Release amd64. My box has a 128 GB=20
Transcend SSD and onboard Radeon HD 8370D graphics.

I installed Xorg. Everything looks fine - there is no error message=20
anywhere. Then I issued :

kldload radeon=20
Xorg -configure

The above creates xorg.conf.new with radeon as the driver. So far, so=20
good. There is no error message on ttyv0 yet, or at any time later too.

But when I give the command the command :

X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

I get a totally blank screen.  What could be wrong ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Manish Jain