Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:43:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Greg Quinlan <Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New rc.conf entry question.

On 14-Sep-99 Greg Quinlan wrote:
> I am just talking about changing the location of the firewall
> configuration
> file (rc.firewall), not "sucking it" in.

<much stuff snipped>

Go look at the existing /etc/rc.firewall.  It already does this!  :)
If you specify a firewall type that is not one of client, server, etc.,
it assumes the type is a file of ipfw commands that should be passed to
ipfw.  Look at the bottom of the rc.firewall, specifically:

----8<----

elif [ "${firewall_type}" != "UNKNOWN" -a -r "${firewall_type}" ]; then
        $fwcmd ${firewall_type}
fi

For instance, I put all of my ipfw commands on my router in
/etc/rc.firewall.local and have the following in /etc/rc.conf:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="/etc/rc.firewall.local"
firewall_quiet="NO"

---