Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:50:35 -0400
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nforce 2 drivers aren't working

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:41:05PM -0400, jason wrote:
>

>>Has anyone with a nforce2 board got the agp working?
>>

>This driver is supported by nvidia, not FreeBSD.
>
>Kris

Acutaully nvidia only supports linux for seperate chipset drivers, and
thats with a patch.  If I had a nvidia graphics card I could use the
nvidia drivers.  The only way to have 3d on freebsd with a nonnvidia
card is if someone writes a driver.  Matthew N. Dodd made a good try,
but there is something wrong with the drivers; at least I think so.
That is why I would like to know if anyone has a working board, then I
would know it's just me or my system and not the driver code.
Thanks,
Jason

from /usr/src/sys/pci/agp_nvidia.c
/*-
 * Copyright (c) 2003 Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
 * All rights reserved.
 *
* $FreeBSD: /repoman/r/ncvs/src/sys/pci/agp_nvidia.c,v 1.2 2003/08/23
19:32:18 mdodd Exp $
 */

/*
 * Written using information gleaned from the
 * NVIDIA nForce/nForce2 AGPGART Linux Kernel Patch.
 */