Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 10:22:14 -0400
From:      "Eric S . Van Gyzen" <lists@vangyzen.net>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I login as root using telnet?

> Either, I log in as root via telnet (I'm using ssh, btw, but Windows
> has no good/free ssh client), or I su (sucks) or something like sudo.

PuTTY is an _excellent_ free client for Win32.  It does telnet
and ssh, the terminal is quite nice (it feels like an xterm),
and it is quite configurable.  The license is MIT style.  The
source, as well as binaries for x86 and alpha, are downloadable
from the website.  I highly recommend its use.

Eric