Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:43:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Peter Warzycha <warzycha@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shipping

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Peter Warzycha wrote:

> I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan with the third marine
> division. I am interseted in buying a copy of the latest ver. of BSD
> but i noticed for over seas it is take 6-9 weeks ... i do have an
> FPO-AP mailing address... i was told that makes a difference for time
> of shipping and the cost to ship it... please get bacck to me with all
> the info you can supply to me thanks...

Paul was correct about the cost of shipping.

To send mail to an FPO is just like sending domestic mail. It may take a
while as FPO mail is subject to all of the trappings of the military
scenario. If you will be stateside soon (two months), you may as well
wait until you get back.

It is my understanding that FreeBSD is highly popular in Japan. Perhaps
you can find a local copy?

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html