Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:03:25 +0100
From:      "Kjell B." <homebell@telia.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA Tagged Queuing?

I'm considering turning on Tagged Command Queuing in my ATA system. My
disks are all Hitachi 7K250 (two HDS722512VLAT80 and one
HDS722516VLAT80) which according to Hitachi support this feature (queue
depth = 32).

However, I read in
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-July/007378.html
that there may be problems doing this and not really improving performance.

Is that recommendation still valid or should I go for it?

My uname:
 [homebell] ~> uname -a
FreeBSD homebell.dyndns.org 4.10-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p2 #0:
Mon Oct 18 21:48:34 CEST 2004
homebell@homebell.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOMEBELLapmipfw  i386

--
Kjell