Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:28:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEWCARD success story

In message <xzpzog6wjjo.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no> Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
: Just a data point, NEWCARD is working great on my IBM ThinkPad 600E
: with an IBM 10/100 EtherJet (really a Xircom X3201). The only thing
: I'm missing is a daemon that can detect insertions and config up the
: card when it's inserted, but that's not a big issue as I don't
: normally need to remove the card - except to check what's written on
: it when mailing -mobile about how well it works 8)

Cool!  This is the cardbus card that I keep in my desk at work for
normal use so I don't have to drag it around from home to work.  It
works great.

There was some momentum at BSDcon for a generic removable device
architecture, but it seems to have died a stilbirth.  Maybe I have
misplaced a draft that hit my mailbox during one of my massively
overloaded phases.

Warner