Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:08:43 +0200
From:      Alexey Prohorenko <green@la.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with FreeBSD/Apache!

 Hello,

  I have some problem with Apache. I have few Apache modules (written by
 me), they are working with mySQL databases and based on Apache C API.
 They works perfectly well at my FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE with Apache 1.3.9 and
 mySQL 3.22.25.
  When I upgrade my system to FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE (Apache 1.3.9/mySQL 3.22.25)
 I found that my modules DOES NOT work on it! httpd fails with error 11 (so
 no core dump created). Some modules works, but I big part -- not. They are
 using ap_internal_redirect () fucntion, so I checked everything -- may be
 I did some wrong pathnames? No. Then, I though that this is because I am using
 gcc/ld and do not use apxs. After using apxs no changes appeared -- still
 httpd fails! So, I decide to test one of my modules step-by-step. And I
 found that when I am calling for little function like this:

 void
 dummy (void)
 {
 }

 it fails!!! Why? I do not understand. May be you will help me with this
 problem?

 At this moment, I think that Apache (or FreeBSD) has problems with ELF
 binaries. May be Apache couldn't work with ELF binaries correctly?
 I do not know the reason.

 Thank you.
 Looking forward your answer.

 --