Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:27:09 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, weongyo@freebsd.org, Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB support in NDIS -- IFF_NEEDSGIANT?

Hi,

As long as there are locking mechanisms like this:

void
KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel(kspin_lock *lock)
{
	while (atomic_cmpset_acq_int((volatile u_int *)lock, 0, 1) == 0)
		/* sit and spin */;

	return;
}

inside if_ndis, the whole of NDIS needs to run under one lock. What is the
name of the "NDIS Giant Lock" after that "Giant" is removed from NDIS?

--HPS