Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:15:42 -0500
From:      "Trevor S. Cornpropst" <tcornpropst@novacoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X Windows and KVM Switch

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:06:02 -0600
"Ron Martin" <rmartin@icrsystems.net> wrote:

> I am running BSD 4.4 and trying to get a mouse to work with my KVM switch.
>
> Can't find any info on this.
>
> Mouse works OK without the switch but need the switch for normal ops.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

Ron,

I had similar problems running through a Linksys KVM switch until I started using
moused with the following settings in /etc/rc.conf

moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="ps/2"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_flags="-r high -z 4"

The documentation for moused states you should choose "auto" for the type but,
this did not work for me because FreeBSD has problems detecting the ps2 port on
my Tyan motherboard. This appears to be a problem with Tyan's hardware implementation. I am running the same KVM switch at work with a Dell Port Replicator and a Dell Precision workstation with no problems (no mouse daemon
either).

There is also some information in the FAQ and the man pages for moused and psm0.

HTH,

Trevor Cornpropst