Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 19:47:23 -0500
From:      "Andrew J. Korty" <korty@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   groff and ghostview

I know everyone must already be thinking I'm active posting person of
the week, but, not to disappoint anyone, I have yet another question

Has anyone had problems running groff and ghostview concurrently?
Sometimes it works okay, but other times, when I have ghostview
running and I try to format a man page or something, I get:

Cannot fork
Error executing formatting or display command.
system command exited with status 512

It seems to be attributed to ghostview because it only happens when
ghostview is running.  Believe it or not, I had the same problems with
these two programs under OS/2!

Any thoughts?

Andy