Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:28:01 -0900
From:      Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update/sparc64 and buildworld statistics

Damian Wiest wrote, on 2/6/2007 7:58 PM:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 06:10:03PM -0900, Royce Williams wrote:

>> If anyone's interested in posting the results of 'time
>> make buildworld' and a dmesg, I'd be happy to put them somewhere
>> accessible and simple.

> Depending on how soon you're looking for results, I can get you
> information from an E450 w/ quad processors.
>
> I also usually have access to the odd mix of V20z, X2100 and X2200
> systeme at work.  If it's in the lab I can usually borrow a
> system for testing.

Great!  I'm interested in any and all -- and there's no rush.
Ideally, each entry in the list I'm imagining would have:

* dmesg
* uname -a
* the full 'make buildworld' command, with all flags used
* time, as shown by time(1)
* notes

I'll make up a little page to hold 'em until there's a better place.
Alternatively, we could just submit them to NYCBUG's page:

http://www.nycbug.org/?NAV=dmesgd

... but I'd like to have more room to comment, track history of the
same system across multiple releases, etc.

Royce

--
FreeBSD - The SPARC to Serve
http://www.alaska.net/~royce/gfx/the-SPARC-to-serve.jpg