Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 09:37:07 +1000 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

>	with the new sorting of addresses mail may start flowing faster.
>especially for those in australia. (domain .au, pity the poor south
>africans, domain .za).  the next is to see how many users are at the
>various domains and have them distribute the mail locally, rather than
>having freefall contact 4 different machines in apana.org.au, for instance
>(sorry guys, you are at the top to the list, so you're easiest to find,
>and get picked on ;)

I've noticed for a while now that the mail I receive from hackers comes
via munnari.oz.au rather than directly from freefall.  When I looked
into this, I found that mail I sent to myself from freefall (both to
here and to a few other domains in .au) also came via munnari.  I'd
assumed that this was setup to allow all mailing list traffic to
.au to go from one connection from freefall.  Was this intentional?  Do
others in .au see this?  We certainly don't have an MX pointing to that
site.  The down side of this from my point of view is that
munnari.oz.au often has a long mail queue, and it isn't unusual for the
mail to be delayed and out of order.

David