Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:18:36 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Assigning IRQ for PnP-Card

Hello Fenix,

>if you are using FreeBSD 4.0 then you do not need the pnp device since it
>wil just work,
>did you also made the devices in the /dev ?. Is your sound card  an=
 original
>brand or a clone if it is an original i recomend using the awe drivers ,
>look in the handbook on www.freebsd.org.handbook in the section about the
>kernel you will find there all the options, you wil be then also able to=
 use
>midi and stuff, i'm talking about the snd drivers and it's family :)

Hm, I couldn=B4t find anything about sound cards in the handbook. They only=
=20
mention LINT as source.  In LINT there exists two sections, one for the=20
voxware-drivers (with awe) and one for the new pcm-driver (luigi=B4s). But=
=20
after a try with the old one=B4s config told me that they are deprecated, so=
=20
i used the new ones. Should I switch to the old snd0 driver? Does the=20
pnp-initialisation work with them as no pnp-device  left in 4.0? As I read=
=20
in older threads this won=B4t work anymore in 4.0, or was this fixed before=
=20
the launch of 4.0-release?

Siegbert