Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:37:41 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   VPN access to a Cisco VPN 5000?

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

Hey all. I'm trying to get an  idea wether it might be possible to set
up a VPN connection  from a FreeBSD 4.4 Release system  to a Cisco VPN
500 server  (I think  it used  to be  called "IntraPort"  before Cisco
bought them).

Any ideas? I'm under the  impression that it's not standard compliant,
and clients only  exist for Linux and Win* clients.  I'm told that the
Linux  client won't  work in  compatability mode  because it  requires
access  to kernel  code (the  path  to which  is hard  coded) and  the
interface may be hard coded to eth0.

If it can't be done, and Cisco  isn't putting a *BSD based client out,
then I'll just have to keep hounding IT about the ACL every time I get
renumbered . . . :)

TIA
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

QOTD:
  "You want me to put *holes* in my ears and hang things from them?
  How...  tribal."

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh--