Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 19:31:21 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KMail or Evolution??

Terry Lambert writes:
> Nathan Mace wrote:
> > > I use pine. It works for me.
> >
> > I've used sylpheed before as well, but I liked Kmail better because it
> > integrated with KDE better, and had almost the same set of features.
>
> Of course, these clients are grossly incompatible.
>
> They can't even propagate the most popular email viruses...

I would negotiate access to the mail clients' source code for you Terry
if you would volunteer to add that feature set for us.  :-)

Call it a "virus detector". On detection of a virus invoke a Blue
Screen Of Death screen saver.

Interesting thing of late, I've found a very slow email virus detector
for FreeBSD. Just forward the questionable message to uce@ftc.gov and if
in a day or so you get a message back that a virus was found, then there
was a virus.

As for Kmail, the one in 4.5-RELEASE crashed the first time I tried to
apply a message filter. That was also the last time I tried.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net