Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:17:45 +0200
From:      Krzysztof Kowalik <kkowalik@uci.agh.edu.pl>
To:        James O'Gorman <james@netinertia.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun X86 servers

James O'Gorman <james@netinertia.co.uk> wrote:
> Actually I'd be quite interested to know how they perform as well. I've
> been contemplating the new Ultra 20 workstation to try and learn Solaris
> on (but be able to run FreeBSD as well).

For the Ultra 20, I can say it works pretty well with RELENG_6_1
(32-bit).

% uname -mrs
FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE i386
% uptime
 1:13PM  up 121 days, 1 min, 2 users, load averages: 0,04 0,01 0,00

SATA, sound[1], USB, DVD burner, the weird nVidia's NIC, and the graphics
card work without issues (so far). I do, however, added the second NIC
(Intel PRO 10/100) as I don't exactly trust the nve(4) driver yet (even
though it seems to work on this particular motherboard).

There is no high load on the machine, just a workstation with X.org and KDE.

[1] snd_ich
--
Krzysztof Kowalik          |   () ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Center, AGH UST   |   /\ Support plain text e-mail