Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:13:58 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        mario.lobo@ipad.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HD Mirroring

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 10:52:11AM -0300, mario.lobo@ipad.com.br wrote:
> I have a mysql server that I need to mirror its data on a 2nd HD, either on the same machine or on
> a remote one, but it has to be in real time. Has it been or can it be done at all?

Is MySQL's replication not fast enough?  I can see why it wouldn't
be in all cases, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of it:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Replication.html

And, although I've not tested it, recent versions of MySQL can
outright support a cluster:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/NDBCluster.html

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842