Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:53:25 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundsystem: testers wanted (FreeBSD-current only)

Hi,

at http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches I have a patch
(sound.diff) for the soundsystem to make it a little bit more
non-i386/amd64 friendly. In /usr/src you have to run "patch -C --quiet
</path/to/sound.diff" and if no error shows up the same again without
the "-C". Then you have to rebuild your kernel/modules (depending on
how you use the soundsystem).

What I need are reports for a lot of _different_ drivers (in case you
don't know which driver is used: if you load it as a module the driver
name is behind the string "kld" in /dev/sndstat) on i386 or amd64
hardware if it still works or not. So if you see a report for the
driver you are using here, you don't need to test it too.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   This is so cool I've to go to the bathroom.
			  -- Calvin