Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:27:08 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        "Paul Thornton" <prt@prt.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio PCG-XG9 Problem (freeing up IRQs)

Paul,

I don't know your BIOS, but with some BIOSs there are plenty of
opportunities to reclaim IRQs from unneeded devices:

IRQ3  COM2 / modem / serial port / infrared
IRQ4  COM1 / modem / serial port / infrared
IRQ5  sound
IRQ6  floppy disk controller
IRQ7  LPT1 / parallel port
IRQ12 PS2 mouse
IRQ15 IDE2 (secondary IDE controller)

IRQ3, IRQ4 and IRQ5 are obviously discretionary.

IRQ7 should be possible because you can still print without an LPT IRQ.
 IRQ15 might not be needed unless you put a drive in your docking
station.

IRQ12 might be tough, but maybe with a USB mouse.  IRQ6 could even be
possible if you don't need a floppy.

HTH,

Greg