Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:47:48 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: "Windows 98"

On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 04:14:45PM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > But sure, parsing teletext is nice :-) (I've tried to use your
> > patches, but it was somewhat hard...)
>
> those for soft decoding are probably kind of hard to use, but the
> latest program using the 5246 should be really easy:

I don't have a 5246 :-( I'd have to go with the soft decoding, but it
was somewhat difficult to extract just the right parts to add to the
brooktree driver.  You wouldn't happen to have lying around a patch
that contains just that stuff (doesn't have to apply, just have the
correct pieces of code, so I can see which parts are relevant to the
ttext decoding)?

> (the top rows are graphics, and someone contributed a program to
> convert the output into gif images. If you are willing to make
> a port of this stuff...

I could probably do that, but then I'd like to actually have it
working (for me) first ;-)

Eivind.