Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 1999 21:11:37 CDT
From:      Amy Wennings <amybsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SoundBlaster Ensoniq PCI (ES1371)

I have a SoundBlaster Ensoniq PCI. It has the ES1371 chipset.

I tried adding the sound controller and "device pcm0" to my kernel config
file and remade. Is this much correct?

But pcm0 isn't showing on rebooting, and after MAKEDEV, trying to cat a
sound (actually /dev/random :) to it tells me the device isn't configured.

PLEASE tell me I don't have to use OSS? This is the last thing I need to
move from Linux to FreeBSD, and I'm trying to limit installed pieces to
stable things I have source for. :(