Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:42:04 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.01, linux_lib port, Acrobat reader, etc

Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> Peter Wemm wrote:
> >
> > Also, the acroread port is busted.  It does several checks on "uname -s"
> > and switches the result.  It checks for Linux, but falls over when it gets
> > FreeBSD as happens under the emulation.  There are several places where
> > some case statements need to be changed from:
>
> Doesn't patch-aa apply? Or the post-install target?

Ahh, that explains it.. I was using the /usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread
and /usr/local/Acrobat/Browsers/netscape scripts which are not patched.

The netscape plugin uses the /usr/local/Acrobat3 version.

IMHO, it would be better to patch the scripts and link them into
/usr/local/bin as appropriate so this sort of thing can't happen. :-)

I'm not sure how to go about doing the plugin support.  I think when the
Linux version of netscape is used, the directory /usr/local/lib/netscape/pl
ugins needs to be created and the acrobat nppdf.so file linked into there
as well.

> tg

Cheers,
-Peter