Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:00:02 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Daniel Zappala <zappala@cs.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus controller status request / notebook update

> Can anyone tell me the status of the CS6832 and TI1131 support in PAO?

No, but I can tell you that Ted Faber wrote code for the CL6832
PCI/CardBus controller that's now in FreeBSD-current, and it would be
trivial to back-port to -stable.  If someone has the time/inclination
and documentation it should be easy to add the same sort of
functionality for the TI1131 and other chipsets.

> IBM Thinkpad 560X	TI 1250A		NeoMagic 2160 / 2MB
> IBM Thinkpad 770	TI 1140			Trident Cyber 9397 /2MB
> Micron Transport XKE	TI 1131			NeoMagic 2160 / 2MB
> Gateway 9100		CL 6832			Chips/Tech 65554
> Gateway 9100		CL 6832			NeoMagic 2093
> NEC Versa 5000		TI 1131			NeoMagic 2160 / 2MB
>
> (The 560X PC Card info isn't on IBM's site yet, but since a Thinkpad
> would automatically be my first choice, I called tech support on it and
> they gave me the info.)

*Please* let me know about what you find.  That is my #1 choice as well,
but I just got put on hold for my laptop due to a M&S freeze at work. :(

Also, if you can get docs on the newer chipsets and post pointers to
them here or somehow make them available if/when I get someone willing
to work with me who has the hardware or who is willing to do the work by
themselves we can support newer PCI chipsets in PCMCIA emulation mode.

Nate