Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:37:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NAT and kernel PPP

I configured NAT a system that uses kernel PPP. Enabling the firewall code
code and GATEWAY options on the NAT host.

I can see the host translating the packet from ethernet and sending it down the
PPP line, but the Cisco 2511 Terminal server that connects to the NAT FreeBSD
machine does not seem to forward the packet out to our network. the network
administrator did not see packet errors on the terminal server.

I remember seeing in one of the freebsd mailing list that people are sucessfully
using NAT with user mode PPP (iijppp), has anyone been successful using NAT
with kernel mode PPP? or were there any other changes needed to the user mode
PPP code to use NAT?

thanks.

--mark.