Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:23:15 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: doc/ tree tagging

--==_Exmh_1392062374P

I wrote:

> For RELENG_5_0, I think the en_US release notes are about as "done" as
> they're going to get.  I'm awaiting feedback on one item (related to
> lomac) but I may not get it in time.  There are (at least) two pending
> items for the errata, but they might not go out with the release (but
> they'll be in the on-line copies).  I'd say at this point that further
> changes are unlikely, and "very unlikely" after the end of today
> (California time).

This info from the RE telecon earlier today:  The plan is to proceed
with tagging doc/ on Monday 13 January.

With respect to the errata document, I need to:  1) fix some glitches,
2) add a bunch of content regarding open issues from the 5.0 TODO list
(including the pending items I mentioned above).

The bad news is that I won't get to it until tonight, or maybe tomorrow
(PST).  The good news is that only #1 (which mostly consists of deleting
text that shouldn't be there or doing a cut 'n' paste from the errata
file for 4-STABLE) needs to happen before tagging.

If I write up some stuff for #2 that you can't translate in time, don't
worry about it too much, because I'm going to merge all these changes
back to CURRENT, which is what we'll be maintaining, post-release, for
the Web site.  So as long as the translations eventually get committed
to HEAD, we'll be OK.

Thanks,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1392062374P