Date:      16 Aug 2003 14:10:37 +0200
From:      Joachim Dagerot <freebsd@dagerot.nu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel: table is full

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 10:42, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 01:36:45AM -0700, Rus Foster wrote:
> > >
> > > I couldn't even login at the console, got an error stating something
> > > about a missing *.so file in /usr/..somewhere
> > >
> > > I ctrl-alt-del restarted and now everything is up again.
> > >

> > You need to increase the number of free file handles
>
> Or figure out what is using so many of them (e.g. fstat, etc).

Because of the time between the problem occurs it's not a valid way to
go by just using fstat.

I increased the number of file handles now, is there some
surveillance(sp?) system that's easy to setup and that can help me find
out what's happening. I think I had the same problem a few weeks ago
aswell, but I thought the computer schack got overheated which probably
was wrong.