Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason K. Fritcher" <jkf@wolfnet.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: People getting automatically unsub'ed from -arch

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> In article <19991012082903.A4298.kithrup.freebsd.current@patho.gen.nz> you write:
> Whatever method he is using is not working very well, and it has not worked
> very well for a very long time.

I must say that Jonathan has been more than fair. About a year, maybe a year
and a half ago, I didn't have a dedicated connection, and was doing smtp on
demand, with my ISP spooling mail for me when I wasn't online. On average, I
would get approximate, 20-30 messages during the night while I was offline,
and twice a night, for each message, my ISP would send a message back to
freebsd.org saying that the messages were still sitting in a queue waiting
to be delivered. So for a period of a couple months, he put up with an
average of ~50/day messages saying that my mail hadn't been delivered yet.
Personally I was suprised I wasn't killed after the first week.

Needless to say, I am happy now that my mail server is on a dedicated link.

Great work Jonathan!

--
 Jason K. Fritcher
  jkf@wolfnet.org