Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:39:28 +0800
From:      "Gallium" <gallium@flashmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with gnupg

Hello

I am using FreeBSD 5.0-DP1.

Recently I have installed gnupg from the cvs ports tree. I know that gpg
need to be setuid root in order to get rid of the ``using insecure memory''
warning, so I did a chmod u+s /usr/local/bin/gpg. However, gpg still give me
such warning when it is executed by a non-privileged user. I have done the
exactly same things on a 4.5-RELEASE, and gpg do not warn me any more. I
don't want to use the ``no-secmem-warning'' option. Could anyone give me
some hints?

Thanks in advance