Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:50:29 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Dave <north1@nexicom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

On 2002-02-14 20:15, Dave wrote:
> I ran cvsup after a while i realized
> this adds other packages using up large amount of disk space than expected.
> I aborted the file fetchs after " Receiving pm3-1.1.15-src.tar.bz2 (18688554 bytes): 64% "

If you try to install the net/cvsup port, it depends on Modula-3, and
that's what you saw being fetched.  I usually just add the precompiled
package that John Polstra has made available online:

	# pkg_add http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/i386-nogui/cvsup-16.1e.tgz

> My qustion is, has "make install" infact over written any files? modified any?

The files that are fetched my `make fetch' when you `make install' are
copied in /usr/ports/distfiles, but only if fetch completes successfully.
You don't need to worry about that.

> any changes at all to user/system files?

Nope.

> im still running freebsd 4.4 release custom kernel
> how should i proceed ? (i dont wanna reboot) if i can help it.

Don't reboot.  You can add the precompiled package to which I pointed you
above, and then you should be able to use CVSup without rebooting :)

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/