Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:28:14 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        "Wizard of Wor" <wauf@hello.hu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A simple question about FreeBSD

On Friday 14 March 2003 08:23 pm, Wizard of Wor wrote:
> I was unable to find the minimum requirements on x86 platform. Can I
> run FreeBSD on mz 486dx2 8Mb laptop smoothly?

The install documentation or the FAQ does have this answer, but yes you should
be able to run fine on this machine.  Just don't try to install X windows,
unless you set up a *lot* of swap.  It also depends a little bit on if there
is any noncooperative hardware on the machine.  Laptops tend to have some of
that.  Best bet is to try it.  4.x will probably work the best for you.

Tim