Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 1997 08:55:13 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

In message <199711050501.PAA00312@word.smith.net.au>, Mike Smith writes:

>One big issue (to me) is dealing with the fact that I need another
>segment descriptor for the PnP BIOS interface.

This is no big deal, we have plenty available.  I do not like the
idea of trying to go through the vm86 interface to get to the APM.
Making another descriptor for use for PnP is a piece of cake, see
how simple it is in the APM code :-)

My docking station is supposedly handled by the PnP event mechanism,
so I'm pretty interested in this stuff obviously.

We will also need to enlist Stefan Esser to really get this to the
right place, because doing hot-plug/PnP/CardBus requires the ability
to modify the PCI setup, and hopefully all the drivers can be taught
this in some kind of meaningful way.

Anyway, go! go! go!