Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:18:36 +0200
From:      "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        haro@kgt.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression with intel driver over i810 driver

On 10/6/08, haro@kgt.co.jp <haro@kgt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been using xf86-video-i810 driver, but as its been marked BROKEN,
> I tried the new xf86-video-intel-2.4.2 to see how it works out.
>
> But as the subject suggets, intel driver does not seem to handle the
> "Virtual 1280 1024" setting in my xorg.conf, that worked fine with i810,
> and only capable of handling the real 1024x768 for my notebook PC.

It is still possible to compile and use i810 driver, just make sure that rigt version of libdrm-2.3.0 is installed (not libdrm-2.3.1), after that edit xf86-video-i810 port Makefile and remove line that contain word BROKEN.

i810 is obsolete and it is possible that it will not work at all with newer Xorg servers ....

DRM bug with some intel chipsets is fixed in recent CURRENT.

For bugs in intel driver - contact xf86-video-intel developers.