Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:16:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Eric Dedrick <dedrick@dsl-146-127.resnet.purdue.edu>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: linux compatability broken?

>  11590 ktrace   NAMI  "/compat/svr4/lib/ld-linux.so.2"
>
> Why does it think the binary is an svr4 binary?  That's why the
> syscalls still don't match and you get SIGSYS after a while.  Something
> sounds really out of sync.

That's kind of what I thought.  I tried re-brandelf'ing my version of
netscape just to make sure it was doing linux and not svr4, and it just
complained about something else.  I also don't think that linux-netscape
is elf format.  I don't know that one can brand file types other than elf.
Besides, it worked fine before, the brand on these linux files is what it
should be I assume.