Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:14:28 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        guptar@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   UFS Journaling Project

As some of you know "we" (CS Dept lab) are working on a UFS journal.
We've made decent progress so far (given we've never worked on this part
of the code so far), but we've hit a block.  We need to store state
information in the kernel... current journal offset, journal vnode, etc.
It seems the logical place to put this is in struct ufsmount (since each
mount will have different state), but whenever we put a
"struct ufsjournal *uj;" in we get corruptined inode messages; we have rebuilt
kernel from nothing.  It seems that there are 2 copies of struct ufsmount,
or something is using raw offsets.

Question: How do we modify struct ufsmount without causing corruption, or
where should we store a pointer to our state information?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall