Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:23:51 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cron <www@www> /usr/local/www/bin/get-stable-manpages

kuriyama> Hmm, I've tried ftp to snapshots.jp from nwww, but it seems
kuriyama> there is no problem.

No problems are found also here.  I believe that's a local problem, or
just rejected the connection unfortunately (reasons are shown before).

kuriyama> I don't know what is lynx trying to fetch as "startfile"...

I've just tested with lynx 2.8.4rel.1 (ports/japanese/lynx).

Lynx issues following FTP commands if lynx was invoked as
"lynx ftp://211.14.6.234/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386":

	USER anonymous
	PASS email@pass.word
	SYST
	PORT a,b,c,d,e,f
	RETR /pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386
	CWD /pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386
	LIST

It seems OK, and lynx works as expected (just confirmed *now*).

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita