Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 11:47:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Raymond Wiker" <raymond@orion.no>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

Greg Quinlan writes:
 > This sounds so.. so very familiar!!
 >
 > I have been the target of exploits before......
 >
 > The exact same thing I have been experiencing........but not for about 5
 > days now!
 >
 > I'm not convinced its a pure exploit.. (i.e. a program specifically written
 > for the purpose)

	My first post to freebsd-stable (and security) - and it's a
me-too :-)

	I'm running 3.1-RELEASE on a 486 with 16 MB of RAM, and this
machine has been falling over regularly. Up until now I have suspected
the local electricity, but it had rebooted this morning, even though
it's now on a UPS.

	I have two other machines running 3.1-RELEASE in a slightly
less hostile environment (i.e, no direct connections outwards), and
they have been much more stable. I cannot rule out a hardware problem
on the 486; I'll know for sure as soon as I upgrade it.

	//Raymond.