Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:59:05 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RC1: suspend trouble

--i0/AhcQY5QxfSsSZ

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 06:39:52PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>=20
> > The main reason I decided to try 5.0-RC1 on my brand new Dell Inspiron
> > 4150 is a minor problem with suspending the machine under 4.7: After
> > wakeup, the fan runs full speed and will not settle until I reboot.
> >
> > However, with 5.0-RC1 the machine just freezes if I try suspending it.
> > Theres is no reaction until I hit the power button, which shuts it
> > down immediately.
>=20
> If it's any consolation, I have had the same problem on my ibm thinkpad
> for a long time.
>=20
> --=20
>    "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
>       And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
> 	- George W. Bush, President of the United States
>           State of the Union, January 28, 2002
>=20
>          Do YOU Yahoo!?
>=20
>=20

Suspend works ok on my Thinkpad R32.  Which version do you have?

- Christian

--=20
http://www.unixpages.org			chris@unixpages.org
GPG Pub-Key    : www.unixpages.org/cbrueffer.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D
GPG Key ID     : 0xA0ED982D

--i0/AhcQY5QxfSsSZ

--i0/AhcQY5QxfSsSZ--