Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:50:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@sci.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Myson MT803 status

A ways back, I brought up the Myson MT803 NIC and the fact that there was
a driver for FBSD 2.x on the floppy disk that accompanied it. I sent one
NIC off to bpaul for safekeeping, and then forgot about it. Until I
noticed that Myson itself was offering a beta driver on the FreeBSD Driver
Database Page, and was asking for testers. I haven't heard anything back
from them after signing up, but their driver works:

The beta driver available direct from Myson works with 4.5-RELEASE and
4.6-PRE, although you do have to remove a spurious #include <bpfilter.h>
to get it to compile. It's not compatible with 4.4-RELEASE.

My card has handled some 300M of traffic in the past 3 days w/ no sign of
instability. I haven't yet tried to saturate the link or really stress
test it, though.