Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:24:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS and 4.6-stable

Are there any known issues (and possible solutions) with NIS and
4.6-stable?

After upgrading to 4.6 stable (on June 28), my workstation (also
4.6.stable) either times-out or takes a hellaciously long time to
authenticate to the NIS server (also 4.6-stable).

I'm not at all certain this problem stems from a recent stable upgrade; I
haven't needed to use NIS since 4.4-stable, but now, with classes in
FreeBSD on the near horizon, I need to upgrade all the
workstations in a lab to 4.6-stable and make sure they can authenticate against the NIS server.

I checked the freebsd groups on Google and didn't find anything really
relevant --or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom anyone might impart.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT