Date:      Sat, 1 Oct 2005 14:29:39 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   comparing permissions in an archive

Hi

Someone must know a simple way to do this:

I regulalrly need to compare the permissions of two largely similar archives
stored in two seperate paths.

Most of the files are of the same name and relative path but  there may be
miscellaneous additional files present or absent in each archive.

I want:
1.  to be able to produce a list of the full path and name of those files that
share an identical path from their respective archive roots, but have
different permissions.

2. After examining the list I would like to be able to adjust the permissions
so that files of the same path and name in one selected archive are afjusted
to match the permissions of their equivalent file in the other archive.

Does anyone have a simple solution?

thanks

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.