Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:57:53 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        darklogik@pittgoth.com
Cc:        FreeBSD doc list <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Close these pr's please (pr's and reasons listed)

If memory serves me right, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Pr : 20528 can be closed, please read my comments, as I have
> investigated this and found it to be fixed in later versions of FreeBSD
>
> Pr : 33371 has a patch, which I sent last week, I even obtained a reply
> stating that the pr submitter was happy with the patch and feel this pr
> may be closed as well
>
> Pr : 33259 just needs to be looked over, if Nik thinks no action needs
> to be taken than it can be closed
>
> Pr : 33645 is getting a lookover, I will check into it and possibly
> submit a patch later on today unless I hear an objection :)

Tom, when you say "close these PRs", do you mean "change the state of
the PR to 'closed', no further action needed" or do you mean "commit
whatever patch is contained within the PR, and change the state of the
PR to 'closed'"?

Usually, when we say "this PR can be closed", it takes on the former
meaning, usually because the problem doesn't exist anymore or the user
discovered the problem was with them or their system, not FreeBSD.

A PR with a patch is almost always an implicit request for it to be
committed...frequently the problem is that these are competing with
other things for committer's time...

Bruce.