Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:19:40 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Jean-S=c3=a9bastien_P=c3=a9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        Nikola Pajkovsky <n.pajkovsky@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: build-able drm-i915-update-38

--HQXEtHvxqUXVI8r9barKrQoWDPulK6URu

On 13/01/2016 22:43, Nikola Pajkovsky wrote:
>> I rebuild a full kernel from scratch and it does build fine here. Ther=
>> is no "unused variable" warning for me. Do you build a non-debug kerne=
>> perhaps? I don't plan to build-test such a kernel now, I'll do it when=

>> the patch is finished.
>=20
> Oh, everytime? I have found out, that

I use "make buildkernel -DKERNFAST" so only the modifed files are
recompiled. I just rebuild the kernel from scratch this time to
double-check if I missed a warning.

>   $ cd sys/modules/drm2
>   $ make -j9
>   $ make DESTDIR=3D/boot/ KMODDIR=3Dkernel.i915 install
>=20
> is engough (only after I have fully built and booted kernel)

Yes, this works fine, but this doesn't use many defaults set by GENERIC,
such as debugging options or 32-bit support on 64-bit archs.

The problem you hit is likely because I build a debug kernel (the
variable is used) and not you (only the declaration remains).

>   gen6_ggtt_bind_object()
>     const int max_entries =3D dev_priv->mm.gtt->gtt_total_entries - fir=
st_entry;
>     BUG_ON(i > max_entries);
>=20
> Seems like BUG_ON is noop, which should not be.

BUG_ON() is a KASSERT() which is defined to nothing on a non-debug
kernel. The variable should be declared in:

#if defined(INVARIANTS)
=2E..
#endif

If you are still willing to send a pull request, you're welcome to do
so! I know the change is small, so if you don't feel like cloning an
entire repository just for that, I understand and I will fix it.

Unlike what I said in my previous email, the pull request should be
against the drm-i915-update-38 branch.

--=20
Jean-S=C3=A9bastien P=C3=A9dron