Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:04:31 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        samy lancher <washville2003@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Extract Email Attachments.....

On Friday 20 August 2004 09:51 am, samy lancher wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a sendmail Email server on freebsd OS. I  would like to know
> if there is any way I can extract the attachments that come with
> email and store them in a local folder. I do not want to use any MUA.
> I will be getting several Emails with image attachments. I just want
> to automatically extract those image attachments and store them in
> local folder. Are there any third party applications or some kind of
> script or maybe need some configuration on the server for this
> purpose. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Naveen.

Certain scripting languages, Python for one, have email related modules.
You can use these to write scripts that will extract various parts of
an email.  Once you write your script, I think you can get procmail to
call the script so that the processing can be done when emails are
initially received.  (I have no personal experience doing such a task.)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould