Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:29:06 +0200
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Patrik Forsberg <patrik.forsberg@dataphone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp5.se

Patrik Forsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is a repeat of an earlier discussion ;)
>

> We've run out of diskpace on the FreeBSD Mirror drive. Currently we can
> hold up to 577G and the FreeBSD directory is now 548G. Are there
> anything that can be done about it or just live with a full fs ? :( or
> maybe it's just temporary ?

If there's one universal truth about data it is that it never gets
smaller in size :)

> For example can I remove/refuse /snapshot(about 66G) ? or
> /development(about 8G) ?

I'd suggest either dropping the less popular architectures like ia64 and
sparc64 (either some or all of their releases and packages), or some or
all of the snapshots.  development is not that important but it is also
small and won't help in the long run.

You may want to plan for future growth since e.g. significantly more
data will be added when 7.1 is released (within a few months).

Kris