Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 1995 19:06:01 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tcl 7.4 / Tk 4.0 Ports

 * According to the various README-style files, *both* tcl7.4 and tk4.0
 * are somewhat incompatible with scripts written for tcl7.3 and tk4.0.
 *
 * In my own repertoire of scripts, all of my tcl-only scripts work fine
 * with tcl7.4.  It's a different story with my tk4.0 scripts, though.

Ok, seems like it's too dangerous to lose tcl-7.3, and we definitely
can't erase tk-3.6.  Now, what should we do?

tk-4.0 should probably go in to a new directory "tk4", should we do
the same thing for "tcl74"?  Ugh....

Why didn't they increase the *major* version number anyway, if they
are backward incompatible.... :<

Satoshi