Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:41:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Sascha Klauder <sklauder@ibd-web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 a severe disappointment

In message <200003231741.e2NHfs207448@blueice.shopkeeper.de> Sascha Klauder writes:
: Mhm, now I've disabled the soundcard and the lpt port in the bios.

Yea!

: |ed1: address 01:d1:ff:04:d1:ff, type NE2000 (16 bit)

Looks like a somewhat bogus address.

: |logger: not found

Gotta fix that.

: |/etc/pccard_ether: not found

That too.

: |ed1: device timeout
: |ed1: device timeout
:
: The MAC address doesn't looks that fine...

What kind of card?  The MAC looks bogus to me.  Are you sure that
nothing else is using 0x240-0x25f on your machine (generally nothing
would be, but I gotta ask).

Are you sure that both irq 3 and 5 are free?

Sadly, these are all the clues I can offer.

Warner