Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:38:45 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        IBS / Andre Oppermann <andre@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Seen on a Compaq Proliant

On Sat, 13 June 1998 at 15:55:48 +0200, IBS / Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Greg Lehey wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently in Austin TX working up to a database benchmark on
>> various Tandem^H^H^H^H^H^HCompaq platforms, and we're just setting up
>> a Proliant 6500 machine with UnixWare (4xPPro 200 MHz, 1 GB memory).
>> For some reason, they decided to max out the main memory, and added
>> another 1.25 GB.  The kernel loaded and then said "too little memory
>> to boot SMP".  We took out 500 MB and it booted fine :-)
>
> Do you have any chance to run -current on it? *smile*

Not this time.  I was talking to one of the developers of NonStop
clusters yesterday evening, and he thinks it should be possible to
port Tandem^H^H^H^H^H^HCompaq's clustering technology to FreeBSD.
That doesn't mean that we'll get any kind of permission, of course.  I
would like to try to get something running on the Proliant, though.

Greg