Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Edouard Saksonov <edouard_bsd@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can not rmdir

Hi,
I've just installed FreeBSD 5.1, everything is fine, but when I wanted to remove a directory(with only one file in it), the system do not want to do that:
When I type
    rmdir -p dir_name    ,  it gives me as an output :
>rmdir: dir_name: Directory not empty
When I try
    rmdir -rf dir_name    ,  it gives me as an output :
>rmdir: illegal option --r
>usage: rmdir [-p] directory ...

I installed FreeBSD 5.1 from the CD-ROM which comes with "Linux CD" magazine
Maybe something's wrong with this CD ?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Edward