Date:      11 Feb 1996 20:17:53 -0700
From:      "MNET" <MNET@denitqm.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions-digest@FreeBS" <freebsd-questions-digest@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Please resend due to networ

Mail*Link(r) SMTP               questions-digest V1 #503

questions-digest          Sunday, 11 February 1996      Volume 01 : Number 503

In this issue:
Re: need help on freebsd installation
IDE CDROM question
Ethernet card support
Re: Netscape...tar.gz and .Z
odd question about data transfer/PPP
Re: NIS slave server
Re: Multiple swap partitions
Hybrid configuration: named problem
Sun monitor
Postgres95 1.0
Re: Sun monitor
help
can't mount /usr or /var
adaptec SCSI on Free BSD on 2.0.5 R2
Re: IDE CDROM question
Nevermind:  Can't mount /usr or /var
boot manager
More Qs
Re: Postgres95 1.0
Re: need help on freebsd installation
Re: Sun monitors

From: Sergio de Almeida lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 18:20:17 +0000 ()
Subject: Re: need help on freebsd installation

Hello, I have some trouble too in installing from a cdrom (mitsumi)
the problem was in the cdrom circuitry (it reads bad data and does not
report to the sofware). I fixed the driver, and installed OK.

I didn't underestand,is your cdrom is scsi or IDE? I have troubles with IDE
cdroms too. Some brands work some not. I have an IDE CDrom that works ok
on an SOYO Mother-board or on a compaq machine but does not works on an asian
made MB.

Hope this will help.